The term “personal data” shall have the meaning ascribed to it by the PDPO.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data collected from you may be used by the Company for, without limitation:
- Identifying you and any accounts you hold with us
- Enabling the provision of the Services to you
- Conducting identity verification and/or credit checks
- Determining and verifying your eligibility for discounts and promotions on products and services
- Processing applications or renewal applications for our business partners’ products and services, including without limitation insurance and financial products, on your behalf
- Processing insurance claims for our business partners’ products and services, on your behalf
- Processing of payment instructions or collection of amounts outstanding from you in relation to the provision of the Services
- Order processing, billing and fulfilment
- Enabling us to store your personal data so you do not have to re-enter it each time you purchase a product or renew an insurance product
- Direct marketing of the services and product
- Direct marketing of the products and services of the Company’s business partners
- Designing services for you
- Conducting research, statistical analysis and behavioral analysis
- Conducting program viewership survey and analysis
- Customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
- Enabling you to participate in interactive features of our service, including identifying your friends or individuals, and sharing and communicating with them your shopping experience, when you choose to do so
- Making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Services or goods and services that may interest you or them
- Customising the Company’s website and its content to your particular preferences
- Provisioning of customer services
- Handling your complaints and account enquiries, and handling any claim, action and/or proceedings against the Company or any party
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Auditing purposes
- Making such disclosures as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations
- Any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Types of personal data collected by the Company may include, without limitation:
- Your personal information and contact information such as your name, gender, date of birth, identity card number, telephone number, social media contact, email address, residential address, mailing address, and billing address;
- Your business information such as company name and business title;
- Your account details, including first 6 digits and last 4 digits of credit card account numbers, or user accounts;
- Your household income range, and personal interest;
- IP address, real-time geographic location data, browser settings, browsing records, and/or other Internet log information of your computer or mobile device; and
- Telephone numbers and email addresses contained in your phone book, when you choose to participate in interactive features of our service. In this case we will have informed you when you access to our service and by providing that data to us you agree that you have obtained consent from those individuals in the phone books.
We may access, use and/or process your biometric data including without limitation fingerprints and facial images stored on your mobile device or other device for the purpose of conducting identity verification, however we will not collect nor store such data.
CONFIDENTIALITY, DISCLOSURE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
All personal data collected and held by the Company will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for the Company to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for the Company to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or organisations;
- Company’s associated companies, business partners, contractors, agents, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services, or other service operators, who are involved in the sales and marketing, administration or provision of the Services;
- Company’s business partners including without limitation insurance companies who assess and/or process insurance applications, renewal applications, insurance claims and settlements, provide insurance services for you and/or handle enquiries or complaints
- Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including a member of its group of companies, IT consultants, data processors, auditors, accountants, or lawyers, which has undertaken to keep such information confidential; and
- Banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, credit card issuing companies or debt collection agencies.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to our website, or any part of the site by you will be considered as voluntarily provided to the Company on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development and marketing of services and to meet user needs.
We may share non-personal data such as anonymised data and aggregated data relating to without limitation sales transactions, user traffic, logistics and warehouse performance publicly and with our partners including without limitation with existing and potential business partners, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services, start-up entrepreneurs and academics.
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by the Company is stored in a secure and safe place.
All personal data which we collect is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE HONG KONG
If necessary, the Company may transfer the personal data to places outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for carrying out the purposes, or the directly related purposes, for which the personal data were collected. All the transfer of those personal data will be carried out in compliance with the requirements of the PDPO.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. If your mobile number is used for account login, you shall ensure that timely update is made by logging in to your account at “Account Profile” when your mobile number is to be changed or returned to your mobile operator. This is important to ensure that your account information will not be accessed by a third party who may have acquired the right to use your discarded mobile number. You are solely responsible for securing your account in this particular way. We shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage in this regard.
Unless there is a mandatory legal requirement for us to keep your personal data for a specified period, we will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
From time to time, the Company may use your personal data to send you news, offers, promotions and joint marketing offers and the Company requires your consent for that purpose. We may contact you by email, in-app notifications, social media, SMS, text/picture/video message, telephone or mail.
Your name, email address, telephone number, contact address, social media contact, date of birth, products and services portfolio information, transaction patterns and behaviours, browsing records, content viewing habits and personal interests held by the Company may be used by the Company in direct marketing of the Services and the following products or services offered by the Company’s business partners, advertising partners or the registered merchants of Chun Hing.
If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us or our marketing partners, you can opt out at any time by updating your preferences through your registered account or an unsubscribe link provided. Upon receipt of your request, we shall cease to so use your personal data as soon as possible without charge to you.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website
- obtain information about your preferences, viewing and browsing behaviour, online movements and use of the Internet
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our Services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our business partners and advertisers more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable
- enable tighter security
DATA ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Chun Hing Plastic Packaging Manufactory Limited
Unit E, 20/F, EGL Tower, 83 Hung To Road,
Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
For the attention of: Personal Data Officer
The Company reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for complying with a data access request as permitted by the PDPO.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://chun-hing.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
Last Updated: August 2021